Monday, April 16, 2007

Two new ways to read One Hump

According to Google Analytics, when I post One Hump gets between 40 to 50 unique visitors a day. That's great, and I'd like to point you to two other ways of reading my blog.

On the top of the toolbar at the right there are two options for reading my posts without visiting the site. You can subscribe to the RSS feed by clicking the Subscribe button, with the orange button. You can get feeds using a variety of readers. I use Bloglines.

The other option is to get posts by email by clicking "Receive updates by email," under the RSS button. It's like an RSS feed but easier to implement if you don't want to mess around with a feed reader.

I have to thank ARSO for prodding me into working on my subscription options, even though he did it inadvertently. Only a month or two after I started writing, he emailed me and said, "I like your blog. I read the feed every day." I didn't even know what an RSS feed was, much less that I published one.

4 comments:

  1. Two things to note:

    - You can also get feeds through your browser, without using a web-based reader like Bloglines.
    - If people subscribe to your feed, they don't count as hits, so your hit count is probably an artificially low estimate of how many people read your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Alex. Alex, is it true that you come from the same town as I do, but more importantly, the town that produced the 1997 Houston Agreements?

    Way ahead of you regarding feed traffic, by the way: as soon as I remember my password at Feedburner, I'll be installing it so I can see how many people read the feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:33 AM

    Hi Will

    Nice to read your blog

    What about the Saharawis in occupied WS( and moroccans too) who want to read your blog ( and others) but they are afraid....you know why?
    is there any way to read your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm glad you like reading my blog.

    You bring up an excellent question, especially because Sahrawis in occupied Western Sahara and Moroccans are the audience I most want to reach (I love the rest of you, too).

    My metrics counters say that I've been read in Morocco, but not in Western Sahara. I'm not up on the Moroccan police's methods, but would an anonymizer help? Here's a list of free anonymizer. They make websurfing anonymous so it can't be tracked by outside authorities.

    http://www.proxylistfree.com/web-anonymizers.html

    ReplyDelete