In late 2005, the House Committee on International Relations's Subcommittee on Africa, Global Human Rights, and International Operations held a hearing. The hearing, Getting to "Yes": Resolving the 30 Year-Old Conflict Over the Status of the Western Sahara, featured an unbelievably dishy cast of characters. Here's who showed up:
- Toby Shelley, author of Western Sahara Endgame
- Representative Diaz-Balart from Florida, a propagator of the Cuba abduction myth
- Rep. Donald Payne from New Jersey, of Aminatou Haidar reception fame
- Erik Jensen, author of Western Sahara: Anatomy of a Stalemate
- Frank Ruddy, Erik Jensen's evil twin brother
- Whacky Senator James Inhofe, who is nevertheless a big supporter of the Western Sahara
- A Moroccan POW
Pleasingly, and predictably, the fantastic Erik Jensen-Frank Ruddy beef is on display.
It's hard to believe so much Western Sahara clout could gather in one room and leave the space-time continuum intact. Check it out!